Enterprise Rent A Car - A 2 day rental has cost me £9,300!!
I picked up my 2 day rental from the dealership - a Diesel Mazda-.
It had no fuel at all in it. [We had a full car including a 90 year old on board.] At the first garage that we reached, I pulled up next to a diesel pump and filled the tank.
The car started misfiring, stopping and starting then gave up the ghost.
Enterprise sent out a replacement quite promptly and organised a pickup for the Mazda. The pickup driver suggested it may have been misfuelled. I returned to the original garage and have to admit that, with 2 diesel nozzles and an 'unleaded' one I may have grabbed the wrong one. OK my goof. see the picture=>
I received a call from the company who said that I had to pay for the repairs as this was NOT covered under my hire car insurance.
As a regular Enterprise customer I said that I would be prepared to pay a reasonable amount for the draining/repair accepting that it was my fault.
I then received an official letter saying I was responsible for misfuelling, which is not covered by them and would have to pay for 'all repairs'
3 weeks later my bank account was suddenly emptied of just under £9,300 !!! no notice, no warning, or authorisation by me.
The next day I received a letter with a series of invoices from Enterprise totalling £9,300 and demanding payment. I demanded that they return my money as I had not authorised anything, nor had a chance to review the documentation.
-I have demanded my money back and been refused.
- I have demanded a 2nd opinion on the state of the car from an independent garage and been fobbed off.
I have then contacted the AA who indicated that a typical cost of draining the tank and replacing parts would be in the order of £220..
Co -incidentally I also discovered that the AA are the approved callout and collection company for Enterprise!! why did they not use them.??
What are my options at this point ?
Surely their actions cannot be correct/legal/fair?
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Mazda Rental
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Waited 4 months to file a corporate complaint never herd back for obvious reason on their end. Tried to work out my situation as i returned the car they did..."
- "I cannot believe how Enterprise could release a car as filthy as the one they gave me. It even had someone's or some animal's hair all over the interior roof...."
- "Ms. Conyer here and I'm a current resident. At first I was sold on this complex by Charlie. Yet, when it was time to move in I noticed a plethora..."
- "I picked up my 2 day rental from the dealership - a Diesel Mazda-. It had no fuel at all in it. [We had a full car including a 90 year..."
- "Just as others have stated, I should have read reviews first. I am so disappointed and frustrated with this joke of a company. However, I have filed a complaint with..."
- "This is the worst place to go!!!! Employees are idiots or something!!! After making wait more than 5 minutes to take my order I ask for the mint chocolate swirl..."
- "Big time violation. The management allowed a lady who is a close friend to move everything from her filthy apartment into my 80 year old aunts apartment after the ***..."