I picked up my 2 day rental from the dealership - a Diesel Mazda-.
It had no fuel at all in it. [We had a full car including a 90 year old on board.] At the first garage that we reached, I pulled up next to a diesel pump and filled the tank.
The car started misfiring, stopping and starting then gave up the ghost.
Enterprise sent out a replacement quite promptly and organised a pickup for the Mazda. The pickup driver suggested it may have been misfuelled. I returned to the original garage and have to admit that, with 2 diesel nozzles and an 'unleaded' one I may have grabbed the wrong one. OK my goof. see the picture=>
I received a call from the company who said that I had to pay for the repairs as this was NOT covered under my hire car insurance.
As a regular Enterprise customer I said that I would be prepared to pay a reasonable amount for the draining/repair accepting that it was my fault.
I then received an official letter saying I was responsible for misfuelling, which is not covered by them and would have to pay for 'all repairs'
3 weeks later my bank account was suddenly emptied of just under £9,300 !!! no notice, no warning, or authorisation by me.
The next day I received a letter with a series of invoices from Enterprise totalling £9,300 and demanding payment. I demanded that they return my money as I had not authorised anything, nor had a chance to review the documentation.
-I have demanded my money back and been refused.
- I have demanded a 2nd opinion on the state of the car from an independent garage and been fobbed off.
I have then contacted the AA who indicated that a typical cost of draining the tank and replacing parts would be in the order of £220..
Co -incidentally I also discovered that the AA are the approved callout and collection company for Enterprise!! why did they not use them.??
What are my options at this point ?
Surely their actions cannot be correct/legal/fair?
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Mazda Rental
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I rented a car from Sat 2/14 - Sun 2/15. the total charge was to be 117.50 I asked for an extension from 2/15 - 2/16 the charge came out..."
- "The car being hired was given to us in the dark and wet, when we returned it the person checked it and said the drivers door was damaged, there was..."
- "Enterprise Rent-A-Car office, located 852 W 6Th St, Corona, CA 92882, has accused us of damage to a vehicle we rented. Upon returning the car, the only person in the..."
- "I picked up my 2 day rental from the dealership - a Diesel Mazda-. It had no fuel at all in it. [We had a full car including a 90 year..."
- " I stayed at the red roof Inn in Mohave California I thought I was in the ghetto in south-central LA very disturbed by the clientele that was there everyone..."
- "This the 3rd times happened to. Always wrong items i am receiving. The first one wrong item i ordered 1 set of (6pcs)lagguage bag but its came to me different..."
- "DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street #3, Boston, MA 02113...."