Enterprise Rent A Car - A 2 day rental has cost me £9,300!!

I picked up my 2 day rental from the dealership - a Diesel Mazda-.

It had no fuel at all in it. [We had a full car including a 90 year old on board.] At the first garage that we reached, I pulled up next to a diesel pump and filled the tank.

The car started misfiring, stopping and starting then gave up the ghost.

Enterprise sent out a replacement quite promptly and organised a pickup for the Mazda. The pickup driver suggested it may have been misfuelled. I returned to the original garage and have to admit that, with 2 diesel nozzles and an 'unleaded' one I may have grabbed the wrong one. OK my goof. see the picture=>

I received a call from the company who said that I had to pay for the repairs as this was NOT covered under my hire car insurance.

As a regular Enterprise customer I said that I would be prepared to pay a reasonable amount for the draining/repair accepting that it was my fault.

I then received an official letter saying I was responsible for misfuelling, which is not covered by them and would have to pay for 'all repairs'

3 weeks later my bank account was suddenly emptied of just under £9,300 !!! no notice, no warning, or authorisation by me.

The next day I received a letter with a series of invoices from Enterprise totalling £9,300 and demanding payment. I demanded that they return my money as I had not authorised anything, nor had a chance to review the documentation.

-I have demanded my money back and been refused.

- I have demanded a 2nd opinion on the state of the car from an independent garage and been fobbed off.

I have then contacted the AA who indicated that a typical cost of draining the tank and replacing parts would be in the order of £220..

Co -incidentally I also discovered that the AA are the approved callout and collection company for Enterprise!! why did they not use them.??

What are my options at this point ?

Surely their actions cannot be correct/legal/fair?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Enterprise Rent A Car. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Enterprise Rent A Car.
Filing a new complaint about