Enterprise Rent A Car - Aggravating Enterprise Doylestown PA Drop Off

310 of 1270 Enterprise Rent A Car reviews

Most aggravating car rental! At the time of pickup the very friendly Shaquille at the JFK Enterprise assured me that the dings and scratches that I pointed out were all within their acceptable "scratch and dent" guidelines and did not need to be noted on the agreement but apparently the Doylestown Enterprise representative, Kyle and another associate had different guidelines. After 45 minutes, my wife who was waiting for me, came in to see what was going on. Kyle explained that I could not have a return receipt without first writing an extensive report detailing every single hairline scratch on the vehicle ...even after confirming with the JFK office that the blemishes were not my fault! Having rented on average a car every month for business from Hertz, going to or coming from an airport, I can honestly say I have NEVER experienced such poor and unprofessional treatment. Kyle said he was just "doing his job" but I say, do it better! and I also could do without the sarcasm.

Enterprise should take note from Hertz who will mark every scratch and ding regardless of size. That way there is no discrepancy between employees. Also, after flying all day looking for dents and scratches on a wet-from-washing car in a dimly lit garage is vastly different than looking at a dry car in bright sun light outdoors. This is a rental car and I was certainly not the first person to drive it. Other rental companies recognize this, Doylestown Enterprise does not.

You may be able to see in the attached photo the existing small dent near the gas tank. JFK Enterprise said it was within the guidelines, Doylestown Enterprise disagreed and blamed me. They also questioned all of the scratches.

Word of caution, if you rent from Doylestown Enterprise be sure to mark every little imperfection on your agreement because they will go over the car with a magnifying glass. Really!

One other side note; Do not bother using the Enterprise Kiosk for check-in unless your name on your credit card exactly matches your drivers license. My credit card uses initials for first and middle name.

Enterprise Kiosk will also NOT work if renting one-way. Stay in line and use an agent.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Being blamed for existing damage that was oked at pickup

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Product or service
Enterprise Car Rental
Review category
Rentals
review #685155

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Enterprise Rent A Car? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
310 of 1270 Enterprise Rent A Car reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 13 #1144100

Over the past four years I had twice attempted to rent from the Manhattan Enterprise in Manhattan, Kansas. Both times I obtained a quote prior to making the agreement. Both times the manager and his associate bumped up the price for the rental in the amount of $200. The first time was face to face. I took down their names and took their photographs. There was another customer a this airport location, a woman who wanted to rent the car for a member of the military. She too was bumped in price in excess of $200.
The second time the quote was obtained via the 800 number however when I arrived at the main office in Manhattan, this store manager again bumped the price $200. I appears that these employees of Enterprise are allowed to commit these acts of fraud and embezzlement as my complaints to the corporation have gone unanswered!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Enterprise Rent A Car. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Enterprise Rent A Car.
Filing a new complaint about
×