Most aggravating car rental! At the time of pickup the very friendly Shaquille at the JFK Enterprise assured me that the dings and scratches that I pointed out were all within their acceptable "scratch and dent" guidelines and did not need to be noted on the agreement but apparently the Doylestown Enterprise representative, Kyle and another associate had different guidelines. After 45 minutes, my wife who was waiting for me, came in to see what was going on. Kyle explained that I could not have a return receipt without first writing an extensive report detailing every single hairline scratch on the vehicle ...even after confirming with the JFK office that the blemishes were not my fault! Having rented on average a car every month for business from Hertz, going to or coming from an airport, I can honestly say I have NEVER experienced such poor and unprofessional treatment. Kyle said he was just "doing his job" but I say, do it better! and I also could do without the sarcasm.
Enterprise should take note from Hertz who will mark every scratch and ding regardless of size. That way there is no discrepancy between employees. Also, after flying all day looking for dents and scratches on a wet-from-washing car in a dimly lit garage is vastly different than looking at a dry car in bright sun light outdoors. This is a rental car and I was certainly not the first person to drive it. Other rental companies recognize this, Doylestown Enterprise does not.
You may be able to see in the attached photo the existing small dent near the gas tank. JFK Enterprise said it was within the guidelines, Doylestown Enterprise disagreed and blamed me. They also questioned all of the scratches.
Word of caution, if you rent from Doylestown Enterprise be sure to mark every little imperfection on your agreement because they will go over the car with a magnifying glass. Really!
One other side note; Do not bother using the Enterprise Kiosk for check-in unless your name on your credit card exactly matches your drivers license. My credit card uses initials for first and middle name.
Enterprise Kiosk will also NOT work if renting one-way. Stay in line and use an agent.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Being blamed for existing damage that was oked at pickup
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Enterprise Car Rental
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have never in my life dealt with such an UNPROFESSIONAL company that had NO REGARD for the Safety of their Customers. I rented a Cruise America Truck for 21..."
- "Kuala Lumpur Europcar cars are old, dirty and not road worthy. Fell for their glossy website and booked a car. On pick up I was offered a 7 y.o. rusted..."
- "I have typically been very satisfied with this office. However, a recent rental experience went totally wrong. I rented for the first time for a week-long period. I left my..."
- "NTERSTATE Servicesâ€¢Daily Premium LTL 1 and 2-day delivery between the Northeast and the Carolinas.â€¢Green Label/Gold Label Guaranteed next day delivery to the designated areas (see our Green Label/Gold Label map)..."
- "We bought a 2014 forest river Wildwood from General rv in Huntley ill. We have had a lot of issues with it including leaks and floor and wood damage. ..."
- "My hair had fallen out so. Bad it cause it to be bald I'm still dealing with the fact that my hair will never be the same I would like..."
- "My first purchase from this internet company of a 17.00 Hummingbird Feeder with a nearly $12.00 S&H charge, of which is 70 % of the cost. For some unknown reason, the..."
- "I bought a primo bottom loader water cooler it also Wiil give u hot water for tea etc. I had it for 6. Months and both functions failed. ..."
- "I spent $161.92 for a 'deluxe' sugar and sweet bouquet and everyone's favorite candy basket with all the up charges to be delivered for my daughters sweet 16th birthday. It..."