19.2K views

I rented April 6, 2013.Paid my rental fees plus a deposit (which is required when you use a debt card, not to mention a pay check stub as well).

I was to return two days later but extended my rental until April 12, 2013. When I brough the car back was told the deposit would be returned to my card. Fast forward to today, April 19, 2013 contacted bank no deposit from Enterprise pending, contacted Enterprise only to hear that they changed my rental rate mid week (without informing me) and with taxes and fees from renting at an airport location I'm not due a deposit??? How can the company alter the rental agreement and then stick it to the customer by not refunding the deposit and saying it was a rate change and other fees that took your deposit.

It's a scam. They try to charge the deposit multiple times as well, as if you're ***. Ex. Saturday, rental rate was 36.44 they charged my card $136.44 call to extend two more days he told me I owed them 260+ dollars?

I was like dude my rate is on 36.44 x 2 days= 72.88. How do I owe you $200 over that amount, he said taxes, fees and a deposit. I said there ain't no way in *** I'm paying you another deposit you already got $100 from on my initial rental day, now you need $200 more? He then said I'm not suppossed to do this but I'll charge you the 72.88.

Really?I believe there's some way these clerks are taking this deposit money for themselves.

Review about: Enterprise Rent A Car Car Rental.

Had an Experience with Enterprise Rent A Car?

Comments

They say on the website if you have a major credit card you don’t need a deposit but it should say if you use a debit or credit card you need a deposit

So you give them $100 to use their $25,000 vehicle, don't give it back when you agreed to (which could leave someone else without a car) then complain when they also change the agreement a little. Would you like a backrub, while they are at it?

ibarro01
Brooklyn, New York, United States #697930

I rented a car via Hotwire.com paying $85.00 per one day using Enterprise at JFK Airport from 8/6-7/13 and Enterprise charged me $96.00 for an economic car.Still waiting on them to return my pending charges of $96.00.

I called them at 718-553-7013 for the pass two days(weekend), let them a message and they haven't call me back. I even e-mailed them on Friday and they have responded.

They have bad customer service, ignoring me claim when they are open 24/7.:( :(

How would the clerks take the deposit money for themselves?They don't take cash.

You think they charge your card and the money automatically gets deposited in their pockets or bank account?Nice try...

to Dude? Dallas, Texas, United States #819106

Very possible with a smart phone and one of those credit card readers straight to their account. Not like anyone would find out.

to the man #852770

Except they aren't wandering off to the back with your credit card.They're right there on the other side of the counter from you and would have to do that pretty blatantly in front of you.

So yeah, unless you are staring at the floor the entire time you're there, you would most likely notice the use of a card skimming device.The charge on your statement by someone random instead of a legitimate company would be another tip off.

to Dude? Palmyra, Virginia, United States #962340

They do accept cash! I have been waiting for over a month on my CASH deposit of $100 which I was told would be returned to me in check form.

EnterpriseCares

Review #: 401887,

We’ve taken note of your concern and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to care[at]enterprise.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130423-000900 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,

Carol H.

Social Media

Enterprise Rent-A-Car

ibarro01
to EnterpriseCares Brooklyn, New York, United States #697932

If Enterprise care as you are saying...how come you never answer the telephone,e-mails and why are you still holding my deposit when 5 days have passed by already? Return my deposit asap, by law, please!

to ibarro01 #747066

Maybe I'm just lucky or the Enterprise locations ive been to were well-operated, but I use Enterprise every single time I rent a car.I've been lucky to never have an issue!

In two days I will be renting from them again and maybe my luck will turn, I will see, but I get great service from them and they even give me complimentary upgrades quite often...I don't work for them and I am no one special but I am treated well there.

I do wish the deposits were a little cheaper and I got it back quicker.But I have tried using other rental agencies and the service was insanely rude and twice as expensive...