we rented an enterprise car because our car was totaled and we were searching for a new car.We rented it on Thursday June7,2012 and purchased a new car on Saturday June 9,2012.

We proceeded to return the rental on Saturday afternoon to find out that the facility was closed on the weekend. We were never informed they were closed on Saturday and Sundays. So my husband went home and phoned enterprise to complain and a represenative by the name of Monika apologized to him and informed him that he could get Sunday refunded and she would note that in the computer. When my husband returned the car early Monday (June 11 2012) morning and told the representative at the car rental that he should not be charged for at least Sunday they said "Oh no we can't do that" He told them that it was noted in his file and they would not hear that.

We usually have a good relationship with Enterprise but because of this I may be renting my next car from another company.

If there is anything you can do I would greatly appreciate it!My rental agreement #105507 Darnell Matesi

Had an Experience with Enterprise Rent A Car?

Comments

I'm afraid this situation would happen with any car rental company you could rent from.At the end of the day, as any Enterprise employee will tell you, any given branch is open between 60-70 hours a week.

If you are unable to return the car within the hours of opening then there is no ethical reason why the company should not charge for the extra days, whether you require the car at that time or not.

While it is unusual that you were not told that the branch was closed at that time, the customer has to take some responsibility in this situation.Otherwise it will get to the point that every rental will require an Enterprise employee to be rented with it, to inform the customer, every step of the journey, of how to drive the vehicle.

#501920

Yes the big sign on the door stating their hours should learn to speak.

We’ve taken note of your complaint and we would like to have the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please send us a detailed email to care[at]enterprise.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement number and along any further details regarding this incident.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 120615-000460 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,