3115 Beacon St, North Chicago, IL 60064, USA
3.2
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

Made reservation with Enterprise a few weeks prior to 11/18/16 for a 10 day rental at Naval Station Great Lakes, IL with Enterprise employee Christopher J.Jordan (confirmation # 64JQLF) for a Compact automobile.

On 11/16/16 (Thursday), I called the number provided (847) 473-5062 and talked to a representative named "Phil" to confirm my reservation. He assured me my request still existed and I would have a "Compact" vehicle as I requested. When I arrived on 11/18, a minivan was awaiting me (Dodge Grand Caravan). The attendant (I do not remember her name) attempted to sell it to me as an upgrade, a 4 cyclinder, and the same gas mileage.

2 of the 3 statements made in the previous statement are completely false. According to kbb.com a Dodge Caravan is a 3.5 to 3.6 L, which equates to a 6 cyclinder, not 4 cyclinder. ALL Dodge Grand Caravan vehicles get 20 mpg (according to kbb.com), which is not even close to the 35 MPG highway with 4-cylinder engines your website describes as a compact vehicle. A long debate then ensued.

When I realized a Dodge Grand Caravan is all I will receive, I took what was offered. Once the pre-inspection was complete, I realized the vehicle had 3/8 of a tank of gas. It wasn't even filled up prior my acceptance of the vehicle. Another employee of Enterprise, Schnell, documented this and signed my rental agreement summary.

Upon return of the caravan on 11/28 at the agreed upon time, 3pm, no one was at the Naval Station Enterprise desk to discuss these misgivings. I was directed to leave my keys in the dropbox. Bottom line, I believe Enterprise owes me money for the mpg (gas mileage) I lost which is the difference from 20 to 35 mpg for roughly the 3,000 miles I put on the car. My next e mail will be to the BBB, if this is not resolved in a quicker than timely manner, as well as to every survey site I can find who allows a person to critique this experience.

As a 28+ years active duty Navy Veteran, I will let others know of my experience. I travel a few times a year for my employment for the past six years. Never once has this scenario ever occurred.

This needs to change within your organization if you expect Sailors to continue using your service.FYI.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problem with delivery of 10 day rential of a compact with the outcome of a minivan and associated monetary loss in the amount of $120. Enterprise Rent A Car needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned 10 day rential of a compact with the outcome of a minivan in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Enterprise Rent A Car.

Had an Experience with Enterprise Rent A Car?

Comments

EnterpriseCares

feyecm70,

We’ve noted your comments and would like the opportunity to look into your billing concern for you. Please send a detailed email to care@enterprise.com include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 161206-004094 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,