We recently rented a car from Enterprise, but did NOT purchase their insurance - HUGE mistake.While doing the inspection with the representative before we left with the car, HE saw a small dent near the gas cap.
HE stated, we don't note any dents smaller than the size of a golf ball, or scratches smaller than 4 inches. There was also a small scratch on the front driver's side bumper, which he saw, and again had the same quote. He did put down some scrapping on the bumper, because of the size of the scrapping, which covered most of the passenger side of the bumper. We returned the car several days later, only to be told that we were responsible for that small dent and that because it wasn't noted on our paperwork, we clearly must have overextended the gas cap when filling the car.
Enterprise actually stated that their rep would not have not noted that dent, because it was causing the gas cap to stand out slightly. OVER $2,000 later (and no, we hadn't bought their insurance, as we've rented cars before and never had a problem), and we're still getting bills from them. Make them write down ANY damage before you leave their lot. I don't know if they targeted us because we hadn't bought their insurance, or what...
but I do know that dent was pointed out to both of us before we left the lot, yet we still had to pay to have an entire panel replaced for a dent smaller than the size of my finger.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Car Rental
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Enterprise Rent-A-Car office, located 852 W 6Th St, Corona, CA 92882, has accused us of damage to a vehicle we rented. Upon returning the car, the only person in the..."
- "Booked a 5 day rental from Payless Car Rental at an offsite airport location (Toronto Pearson International) through Expedia. A few days later I checked Priceline and found an..."
- "I have typically been very satisfied with this office. However, a recent rental experience went totally wrong. I rented for the first time for a week-long period. I left my..."
- "Ordered item listed by Kaje722 on eBay 8/24 with USPS Priority delivery date of 8/29. Purchased this item after reviewing sellers positive feedback. That listing stated item to be..."
- "Jim Walter and Companies have built a defective home in so many ways that it can not be repaired and needs to be torn down it is unsafe and a..."
- "i bought leather sofa set($2099.98) with extended warranty (249.99) on 1/9/2011one of the dual seat back rest there are some air bubbles coming are out on leather skin, i went..."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."
- "This *** company is a scam. They take your *** money and make you jump through hoops to get it back. I put $280 on a reloadit card to send someone..."
- "See Carnival Cruise Experience To whom it may concern: My husband and I went on the Carnival Splendor on September 24, 2016. This was not my first cruise with Carnival, nor..."