I have typically been very satisfied with this office. However, a recent rental experience went totally wrong. I rented for the first time for a week-long period. I left my personal car on the Enterprise lot, parking where the store attendant indicated I should. The morning that I returned the Enterprise mini van I had rented, as I was checking in, I glanced out the office window and noticed that the front bumper of my car was hanging on the ground. I commented to the staff "is my bumper on the ground?" One of the staff replied, "yeah, I noticed that a few days ago." Upon further inspection when I went out to my car, there was a dent in the front fender and the front bumper had been shattered. Clearly, my car had been hit while parked on the lot of Enterprise during my rental period.
I took photos and contacted customer service the next day. I was contacted by a regional manager for Enterprise by phone and we discussed the damage to my car. During this conversation, he indicated that Enterprise would take care of the damage and that I was to send him photos and an estimate for the repairs. This same manager also in the next few days emailed me a copy of the back side and fine print of the Enterprise contract that indicated that Enterprise was not responsible for damage to personal property left on their sites.
While I can understand how Enterprise can try to cover its *@&$ with this type of disclosure, at NO TIME did anyone in the office indicate this to me when they offered to let me keep my personal car on their lot during the rental period. And, I parked my vehicle in the space that the Enterprise staff indicated. I took possession of one of Enterprise's vehicles for a week-long period, paid the additional insurance coverage that they offered, and returned their vehicle in the same shape that I received it in. I expected the same condition for my own vehicle. Unfortunately this was not the case.
I've been a good customer of Enterprise. The local office staff have always been friendly and efficient. However, Corporate Enterprise handling of my issue has certainly made my impression of the company's customer service to be quite the opposite experience. For a very small cost, Enterprise could have made a lifelong loyal customer. However, the lack of response to my concerns and clear damage to my vehicle while in Enterprise's care has left a very different impression of this company.
Please be clear. This is a complaint against corporate office and customer service, NOT the local office personnel.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service at corporate level
You May Also Like
- "I bought a new Ford and opted for some after market work to be done by the dealership. They offered to rent me a car at an in house..."
- "I was involved in an accident and directed to rent a car with the Alpharetta location of Enterprise Rent a Car by my insurance company. The insurance covered the majority..."
- "Most aggravating car rental! At the time of pickup the very friendly Shaquille at the JFK Enterprise assured me that the dings and scratches that I pointed out were all..."
- "I'd like to bring to your attention a service and product quality breakdown (both of these). Last week I took my mother-in-law to your store because I happened to be..."
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "Direct tv tech attached my satellite brackets on my roof with NAILS. I was selling my home located at 6828 Valley Lane in Leeds, Al. and the home inspector found..."
- "I bought a bag for my daughter to take for her Karate uniform. She used the bag a time and a half, as after 3 times zipping up the zipper,..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."