Enterprise Rent A Car - Enterprise Car Rental Damaged My Personal Vehicle

86 of 1270 Enterprise Rent A Car reviews

I have typically been very satisfied with this office. However, a recent rental experience went totally wrong. I rented for the first time for a week-long period. I left my personal car on the Enterprise lot, parking where the store attendant indicated I should. The morning that I returned the Enterprise mini van I had rented, as I was checking in, I glanced out the office window and noticed that the front bumper of my car was hanging on the ground. I commented to the staff "is my bumper on the ground?" One of the staff replied, "yeah, I noticed that a few days ago." Upon further inspection when I went out to my car, there was a dent in the front fender and the front bumper had been shattered. Clearly, my car had been hit while parked on the lot of Enterprise during my rental period.

I took photos and contacted customer service the next day. I was contacted by a regional manager for Enterprise by phone and we discussed the damage to my car. During this conversation, he indicated that Enterprise would take care of the damage and that I was to send him photos and an estimate for the repairs. This same manager also in the next few days emailed me a copy of the back side and fine print of the Enterprise contract that indicated that Enterprise was not responsible for damage to personal property left on their sites.

While I can understand how Enterprise can try to cover its *@&$ with this type of disclosure, at NO TIME did anyone in the office indicate this to me when they offered to let me keep my personal car on their lot during the rental period. And, I parked my vehicle in the space that the Enterprise staff indicated. I took possession of one of Enterprise's vehicles for a week-long period, paid the additional insurance coverage that they offered, and returned their vehicle in the same shape that I received it in. I expected the same condition for my own vehicle. Unfortunately this was not the case.

I've been a good customer of Enterprise. The local office staff have always been friendly and efficient. However, Corporate Enterprise handling of my issue has certainly made my impression of the company's customer service to be quite the opposite experience. For a very small cost, Enterprise could have made a lifelong loyal customer. However, the lack of response to my concerns and clear damage to my vehicle while in Enterprise's care has left a very different impression of this company.

Please be clear. This is a complaint against corporate office and customer service, NOT the local office personnel.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Additional Services
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Customer service at corporate level

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
$2000
Product or service
Review category
Rentals
review #884603 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Enterprise Rent A Car? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
86 of 1270 Enterprise Rent A Car reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Enterprise Rent A Car. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Enterprise Rent A Car.
Filing a new complaint about
×