Enterprise Rent A Car - Enterprise Car Rental Damaged My Personal Vehicle
I have typically been very satisfied with this office. However, a recent rental experience went totally wrong. I rented for the first time for a week-long period. I left my personal car on the Enterprise lot, parking where the store attendant indicated I should. The morning that I returned the Enterprise mini van I had rented, as I was checking in, I glanced out the office window and noticed that the front bumper of my car was hanging on the ground. I commented to the staff "is my bumper on the ground?" One of the staff replied, "yeah, I noticed that a few days ago." Upon further inspection when I went out to my car, there was a dent in the front fender and the front bumper had been shattered. Clearly, my car had been hit while parked on the lot of Enterprise during my rental period.
I took photos and contacted customer service the next day. I was contacted by a regional manager for Enterprise by phone and we discussed the damage to my car. During this conversation, he indicated that Enterprise would take care of the damage and that I was to send him photos and an estimate for the repairs. This same manager also in the next few days emailed me a copy of the back side and fine print of the Enterprise contract that indicated that Enterprise was not responsible for damage to personal property left on their sites.
While I can understand how Enterprise can try to cover its *@&$ with this type of disclosure, at NO TIME did anyone in the office indicate this to me when they offered to let me keep my personal car on their lot during the rental period. And, I parked my vehicle in the space that the Enterprise staff indicated. I took possession of one of Enterprise's vehicles for a week-long period, paid the additional insurance coverage that they offered, and returned their vehicle in the same shape that I received it in. I expected the same condition for my own vehicle. Unfortunately this was not the case.
I've been a good customer of Enterprise. The local office staff have always been friendly and efficient. However, Corporate Enterprise handling of my issue has certainly made my impression of the company's customer service to be quite the opposite experience. For a very small cost, Enterprise could have made a lifelong loyal customer. However, the lack of response to my concerns and clear damage to my vehicle while in Enterprise's care has left a very different impression of this company.
Please be clear. This is a complaint against corporate office and customer service, NOT the local office personnel.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service at corporate level
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " When I returned the car enterprise is now charging me for the undeclared damage that I didn't do.The damage had been touched with white paint that was way older..."
- "On 6/18/2013 I rented a car with Enterprise. I did an initial inspection of the car and was asked by the salesman if I wanted insurance through Enterprise or..."
- "I reserved a van from Enterprise for 12/27/16. I searched online for a location near my house, but no vans were available. I widened my search and Demmings Collision in..."
- "Stacey Valnes has taken advantage of me and my mother when he suggested that we list our house at the price that he came up with by looking at the..."
- "Only ordered one item from the company original soe gear and have to say i love what i got. Ordered theyre wallet that they sekl to try out the products..."
- "NOW OUT OF BUSINESS AND HAS FILED BANKRUPTCY TO GET OUT OF ANY PAYMENTS OR STUFF HE STOLE FROM CUSTOMER VEHICLES. THIS MAN IS A SCAM ARTIST, A CHEAT AND..."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."