Enterprise Rent A Car - Enterprise charging me for a ***

On 6/18/2013 I rented a car with Enterprise. I did an initial inspection of the car and was asked by the salesman if I wanted insurance through Enterprise or would I be covered by my own car insurance. I politely declined the Enterprise insurance. While being shown where to sign the contract, my salesman explained that as long as I do not return the car with a dent bigger than a golf ball or a scratch bigger than 5 inches, I would not be liable. He even flipped his clipboard over and drew the size of a golf ball and showed me a line 5 inches long. At the time this seemed completely reasonable and I initialed and signed where I was told and left with the car.

When I returned the car on 6/28/2013 there was a *** on the passengers door and a few small scratches on the hood. The same salesman inspected them and said he would have to fill out a report, but it seemed questionable whether I would be liable since the *** was clearly smaller than a golf ball and the scratches were shorter than 5 inches. I wasn't concerned so I paid my bill for $526.22 and left confident that the repair department at Enterprise would clearly rule that I was not responsible. The salesman even suggested that I take pictures of the damage to prove my case.

The pictures clearly show the *** with a quarter next to it and then I was able to cover the entire *** with the quarter. As far as the scratches on the hood, my husband saw very fine thin scratches that were less than 5 inches long and he said they could easily come out with compound.

As you may imagine I was completely surprised and taken back that your company would bill me $486.20 for the damages. I do not believe I should be responsible for the repairs and I will not pay for damages that are clearly not my responsibility.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 4 Yes 4 5 No 5
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 24, 2013 #686545

We’ve taken note of your concern and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to care@enterprise.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130724-001761 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Carol H.
Social Media
Enterprise Rent-A-Car

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Enterprise Rent A Car. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Enterprise Rent A Car.
Filing a new complaint about