Enterprise Rent A Car - Enterprise charging me for a ***
On 6/18/2013 I rented a car with Enterprise. I did an initial inspection of the car and was asked by the salesman if I wanted insurance through Enterprise or would I be covered by my own car insurance. I politely declined the Enterprise insurance. While being shown where to sign the contract, my salesman explained that as long as I do not return the car with a dent bigger than a golf ball or a scratch bigger than 5 inches, I would not be liable. He even flipped his clipboard over and drew the size of a golf ball and showed me a line 5 inches long. At the time this seemed completely reasonable and I initialed and signed where I was told and left with the car.
When I returned the car on 6/28/2013 there was a *** on the passengers door and a few small scratches on the hood. The same salesman inspected them and said he would have to fill out a report, but it seemed questionable whether I would be liable since the *** was clearly smaller than a golf ball and the scratches were shorter than 5 inches. I wasn't concerned so I paid my bill for $526.22 and left confident that the repair department at Enterprise would clearly rule that I was not responsible. The salesman even suggested that I take pictures of the damage to prove my case.
The pictures clearly show the *** with a quarter next to it and then I was able to cover the entire *** with the quarter. As far as the scratches on the hood, my husband saw very fine thin scratches that were less than 5 inches long and he said they could easily come out with compound.
As you may imagine I was completely surprised and taken back that your company would bill me $486.20 for the damages. I do not believe I should be responsible for the repairs and I will not pay for damages that are clearly not my responsibility.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Repair
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I was involved in an accident and directed to rent a car with the Alpharetta location of Enterprise Rent a Car by my insurance company. The insurance covered the majority..."
- "The car being hired was given to us in the dark and wet, when we returned it the person checked it and said the drivers door was damaged, there was..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "I purchased much. Latitude touring 102T 225 65R 17,a set of 4 from Mavis co. The date was 4/27/2012.When my NYS inspection was done today 6/10/2015 there was 25,681 miles..."
- "This company has the worst return policy and the rudest customer service. They have the wrong part listed for a 1995 Jeep, send a part for a 2007 which..."
- "I bought this refrigerator after hurricane Sandy destroyed my home. Within 6 moths I began to notice rust like spots. I called then later I sent an e mail They..."
- "US Hole in One is based on Lies - Never Use them they claim millions of dollars in business winners office building complex is this the place for a large..."
- "Great partner and company, design build and operate super concepts. Genius Was ecstatic to work on E_P with mr keyes. It started my career..."
- "Went to the mac store in the westfield at Stratford. When i got to the till the lady that served me was so rude loads of attiude and couldnt be..."