Enterprise Rent A Car - Enterprise charging me for a ***
On 6/18/2013 I rented a car with Enterprise. I did an initial inspection of the car and was asked by the salesman if I wanted insurance through Enterprise or would I be covered by my own car insurance. I politely declined the Enterprise insurance. While being shown where to sign the contract, my salesman explained that as long as I do not return the car with a dent bigger than a golf ball or a scratch bigger than 5 inches, I would not be liable. He even flipped his clipboard over and drew the size of a golf ball and showed me a line 5 inches long. At the time this seemed completely reasonable and I initialed and signed where I was told and left with the car.
When I returned the car on 6/28/2013 there was a *** on the passengers door and a few small scratches on the hood. The same salesman inspected them and said he would have to fill out a report, but it seemed questionable whether I would be liable since the *** was clearly smaller than a golf ball and the scratches were shorter than 5 inches. I wasn't concerned so I paid my bill for $526.22 and left confident that the repair department at Enterprise would clearly rule that I was not responsible. The salesman even suggested that I take pictures of the damage to prove my case.
The pictures clearly show the *** with a quarter next to it and then I was able to cover the entire *** with the quarter. As far as the scratches on the hood, my husband saw very fine thin scratches that were less than 5 inches long and he said they could easily come out with compound.
As you may imagine I was completely surprised and taken back that your company would bill me $486.20 for the damages. I do not believe I should be responsible for the repairs and I will not pay for damages that are clearly not my responsibility.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Repair
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I rented a car from Sat 2/14 - Sun 2/15. the total charge was to be 117.50 I asked for an extension from 2/15 - 2/16 the charge came out..."
- "My husband was rear ended and the other party's insurance set him up in a Dodge truck from Enterprise in Sanford, North Carolina, on Monday, March 2, 2015, for a..."
- "Most aggravating car rental! At the time of pickup the very friendly Shaquille at the JFK Enterprise assured me that the dings and scratches that I pointed out were all..."
- "We got a new roof that is now in our falling piece by piece in to our yard. This is not the first time either. September 20th is when the..."
- "Hi all of you. My name is Rachel Mirelez. I have been with preview models for coming up on a year and It has been the most amazing experience ever...."
- "Bought this Proctor Silex individual coffee server at Target, and it made awful watery coffee, and spewed water over the counter. It made a horrific noise and a few times..."
- "I purchased much. Latitude touring 102T 225 65R 17,a set of 4 from Mavis co. The date was 4/27/2012.When my NYS inspection was done today 6/10/2015 there was 25,681 miles..."
- "My 8 year old border collie developed sores all over her mouth, stopped eating, was whimpering in pain, ran a fever of 103-105 and lost her hair on her back..."
- "I bought this refrigerator after hurricane Sandy destroyed my home. Within 6 moths I began to notice rust like spots. I called then later I sent an e mail They..."