Enterprise Rent A Car - Enterprise charging me for a ***
On 6/18/2013 I rented a car with Enterprise. I did an initial inspection of the car and was asked by the salesman if I wanted insurance through Enterprise or would I be covered by my own car insurance. I politely declined the Enterprise insurance. While being shown where to sign the contract, my salesman explained that as long as I do not return the car with a dent bigger than a golf ball or a scratch bigger than 5 inches, I would not be liable. He even flipped his clipboard over and drew the size of a golf ball and showed me a line 5 inches long. At the time this seemed completely reasonable and I initialed and signed where I was told and left with the car.
When I returned the car on 6/28/2013 there was a *** on the passengers door and a few small scratches on the hood. The same salesman inspected them and said he would have to fill out a report, but it seemed questionable whether I would be liable since the *** was clearly smaller than a golf ball and the scratches were shorter than 5 inches. I wasn't concerned so I paid my bill for $526.22 and left confident that the repair department at Enterprise would clearly rule that I was not responsible. The salesman even suggested that I take pictures of the damage to prove my case.
The pictures clearly show the *** with a quarter next to it and then I was able to cover the entire *** with the quarter. As far as the scratches on the hood, my husband saw very fine thin scratches that were less than 5 inches long and he said they could easily come out with compound.
As you may imagine I was completely surprised and taken back that your company would bill me $486.20 for the damages. I do not believe I should be responsible for the repairs and I will not pay for damages that are clearly not my responsibility.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Repair
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Why Enterprize Rent-A-Car sucks? I reserved a mid-size car, but I got there on time, they only have a compact size car. Frustration rise! When I rent the car, the agent..."
- "Very bad experience get charge d 1000 £ for this ..."
- "I bought a new Ford and opted for some after market work to be done by the dealership. They offered to rent me a car at an in house..."
- "I purchased much. Latitude touring 102T 225 65R 17,a set of 4 from Mavis co. The date was 4/27/2012.When my NYS inspection was done today 6/10/2015 there was 25,681 miles..."
- "I ordered 4 pairs of shoes on October 17, 2014. The shoes arrived on November 7, 2014. They were exactly as I expected when buying from a chinese company -..."
- "My 8 year old border collie developed sores all over her mouth, stopped eating, was whimpering in pain, ran a fever of 103-105 and lost her hair on her back..."
- "RUN RUN RUN 2 weeks turned to 6. and still not done they ordered the wrong tub and order the same $33 ceiling fan (a request was made to upgrade from the..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."