Additional Fees

I recently rented a car from Enterprise at the Ontario Airport in California. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the check-in procedure was and how quickly I was led onto the lot to pick up the vehicle. I did the usual walk-around of the vehicle to look for preexisting damage. Other than some minor scratches, there was none, and I did take pictures as is my habit.

When I brought the vehicle back, a nice young man received it. There was no mention of any damage to the vehicle (because there was none) and after exchanging a few pleasantries with the employee, I left the rental yard.

Shortly afterwards, I received two emails from Enterprise thanking me for my business and encouraging me to write a social review on Google and/or Facebook. There was no mention in either email of any damage done to the car.

Two weeks later, I received a letter in the mail from the Damage Recovery Unit of Enterprise claiming the car suffered damage to it during the time I had rented it. I couldn’t believe it! I knew there had been absolutely no damage done to the car while in my care, and my first thought was that the letter itself must be a scam! After reading many on-line reviews about Enterprise, I now believe the letter is for real and Enterprise is trying to get money from me by falsely claiming damage.

My experience with Enterprise went from great to disgusting. I vehemently deny that any damage was done to the car during the time I had it. I think it's sad that their shady business tactics taints all of the people who work there. The employees I dealt with were very nice, but now I just have a bad feeling about the whole company.

I plan on fighting this claim any way I can. If anyone else had a similar experience or can offer any advice on how to proceed, I would welcome your help.

Reason of review: Fraudulent claim of damage to get money from me.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Employees at ontario airport location.

I didn't like: Being accused of damaging a car that i did not damage.

Comments

EnterpriseCares

bluhouse1, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences. I assure you that it's never our intention to inconvenience our customers.

We would like to speak with you further.

Please email ehiescalationscc@mailca.custhelp.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental agreement and claims numbers, and the details above so we can address this.Thank you. – Carol H.

bluhouse1
to EnterpriseCares #1498751

Hello Carol H.Thank you for soliciting my input. I just sent you an email (6/12/18) with all of the details.I would sincerely appreciate you looking into this, as my request to The Enterprise Damage Recovery Unit (the folks who sent the letter) has gone no where. I asked for specific information (type of damage, claim amount, etc) and I have received no response at all.'Laura S.