Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

On 6/21/17 My parked vehicle was hit by an uninsured driver.As he had no coverage, I paid my $500 collision deductible to Great Plains Auto Body to repair the vehicle and dropped it off on 6/29/17.

My insurer (Geico) had recommended Enterprise for a rental car as I had rental reimbursement coverage and they had a direct bill arrangement and would meet me at the body shop. I was given the keys to a damaged, dirty 2016 Chevy Traxx. I asked the rental agent if they had something that was not as hail damaged and was told "all of our cars were damaged in last weeks storm" and added "Only dents over 2 inches across needed to be reported". The same woman pointed out that she saw three dents on the hood of the vehicle but all were too small for the damage disclosure report.

I was not given a copy of the report as I was told it was "all electronic" when I asked for one. When I started the vehicle the "change oil" light was on and I didnt think anything of it until a couple of days later- I checked the pile, it was about 2 quarts low and black as coal. The vehicle had obviously been very poorly maintained in addition to the damage. I turned in the vehicle on 7/7/17 upon completion of repairs at Great Plains and was told there was no agent there to check in the vehicle, so I asked that they call me back.

On 7/8/17, I received a voicemail from an Ellen with Enterprise advising me that they thanked me for my business and stated quite clearly that "the vehicle checked in fine, gas tank full, and no damage". Then, on 8/11/17 (35 days later) I get a call from 402-917-5171, from a woman named Bridget. She left me a voicemail stating that there was a hailstorm in Omaha on 6/29/17 and that they would be filing a hail claim with my insurer for the damage to their vehicle. Problem here is that I was not in Omaha that night, I was in Plattsmouth and we did have some light rain, but no high winds or hail at all.

I called Geico and advised them that they were about to be the recipient of a fraudulent claim, and they took a sworn recorded statement from me. I was also advised that if Geico did not pay, Enterprise might come after me directly for the damage on their vehicle which was caused before I rented it. I returned Bridget's call several times and left voicemails but she has not returned my call. I am now reading online that many other people have the exact same complaint about Enterprise Rent a Car and hail damage claims.

I Would like this matter investigated as I believe it to be fraud for the following reasons: 1. The rental agent noted there was extensive hail damage to the vehicle at the time of rental, yet refused to provide me a copy of the inspection report or the contract and 2.

I was told by another Enterprise employee after the vehicle was turned in that it was returned in satisfactory condition, and 3.it took 35 days after the vehicle was turned in for Enterprise to "notice" the damage.

Review about: Enterprise Rent A Car Car Rental.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Vehicle was damaged, Filed a hail damage claim with my insurer for existing damage.

Had an Experience with Enterprise Rent A Car?

Comments

EnterpriseCares

Review #1086520,

Weve noted your comments and we would like to have the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please send us a detailed email to ehiescalationscc@mailca.custhelp.com include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,