I rented a car in Anchorage, AK January 2014 and turned it in two days later. I turned it in without incident. Soon after they started harassing me regarding a false damage claim. They made different statements each time they called regarding alleged minor damage re location, description, etc.
Now they are continuing to add on additional charges, providing blurry photos and doing lots of fishy things. Seems to be a real racket I'm told.
The car appeared fine when I turned it in. Nothing at all occurred during my rental.
What government agencies would have oversight over questionable practices like this ? I'll also contact the appropriate consumer advocates with media.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Damage Claim
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This apartment complex has been nothing but issues. I do not receive any notifications about important notices like everyone else I know does. The outside of the building is always..."
- "BEWARE OF PENSKE, ESPECIALLY FOR ONE-WAY RENTALS! THIS IS SO UNHEARD OF - I WILL TAKE THIS TO THE MEDIA, THE COURTROOM, AND MAKE AS MANY PEOPLE WORLDWIDE AWARE OF..."
- "I rented a car while my car was being repaired, offered me a coverage insurance told them that on previous occasions my insurance has covered the rental car, I said..."
- "I'm so tired of getting on zulily's wedsite and look through all of their pages after pages after pages after pages after pages after pages of clothes an I still..."
- "During the purchase of the airfare reservation, the refund policy states refundable within 24 hours of cancellation. The reservation was purchased and cancelled within the 24 hours. Once..."
- "Terrible company to work for. Refused to pay promised wages and commission on sales. Out of date and disorganized..."
- "I ordered the "Bursting Blushes" bouquet, with the "exquisite upgrade" for mother's day this year. The photo showed a dozen or so red roses with five or six large..."
- "I have no idea who is running this business now, but I bought a stainless steel and gold Rolex Submariner from Tom at Ideal Watches in February, 2001. The customer..."
- "I ordered the "Bursting Blushes" bouquet with the "exquisite upgrade" for my mom this mother's day. The photo showed about a dozen beautiful red roses with five or six..."