On 5/16/2014 we rented a minivan with Enterprise at the Honolulu airport (3255 AOLELE ST) location for our wedding weekend. Upon initial inspection and walk around of the Chrysler minivan, we were told by the Enterprise staff not to worry about anything “smaller than a golf ball”. That being said, we proceeded to checkout and be on our way.
Three days later when we returned the vehicle, the person that examined the car asked us if we had noticed two small damages (smaller than a golf ball) to the rear and side of the car. One damage they pointed out was a small dent you could barely even notice without standing to the side of the car and looking for it really hard. She actually had to get a second opinion from someone else to determine if there actually was any damage or not. We had never noticed nor caused these damages and throughout our rental period were not involved in any incident or collision. They took note of the damages found and we were taken inside to speak with another rep. The rep performed a background check on the car and indicated that no prior damage was reported on the car, therefore making us responsible. The fact that we were responsible for unknown damage to the car that were smaller than a golf ball contradicted what the Enterprise staff member who pulled up our car told us. We understand the policy of being responsible for any damages during your rental period of the car. Having said that, we question that the car was inflicted with these damages while being rented by us. It is truly unfair to make your customer pay for damages that were not caused by them. Feeling helpless and baffled, we left Hawaii and waited to hear back from Enterprise.
A few weeks later, we received a claim report from the Recovery Unit that assessed the vehicle, which included pictures of the damages as well as ADDITIONAL damages (scratches on the door smaller in size than a golf ball as well), never before seen by us nor mentioned by the person processing our return. The day we returned the car, we took pictures of the minivan and the damages found and have kept them. We should not be responsible for these damages - especially the ones that were not found at return. Now we’re stuck with a bill for $1400 (including $200 fee for "loss of use" and $100 administrative fee). It’s alarming.
We did research, and found that this is not a first time occurrence of something like this happening at THIS particular location at the Honolulu airport and Enterprise in general. It makes us question - is Enterprise just taking advantage of customers on their vacations, weddings, honeymoons, etc.?
See the following reviews for just a few examples of shady practices, both from this particular location and other locations:
During our two week stay in Hawaii we also rented cars from Dollar and Budget and both transactions were truly hassle-free and without incident. In fact, this is our first time renting from Enterprise ever and also happens to be the first negative experience we’ve both faced in our long history of renting cars. We both do a lot of travel for work, and will make certain we never have to rent from Enterprise again, even if it’s a company preferred vendor.
Renter beware; Avoid Enterprise like the plague and go with ANY other car rental company, or you’ll be sorry.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Damage Car Rental Claim
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Well... I was on my way to becoming a frequent Enterprise rent-a-car (and truck) customer....until this morning that is. Last week I was in TX (Abliene, TX) and had a great..."
- "In May of 2014, through the recommendation of my insurance co., I rented a car from Enterprise while my car was being repaired. When I picked up the vehicle,..."
- "I rented a car while my car was being repaired, offered me a coverage insurance told them that on previous occasions my insurance has covered the rental car, I said..."
- "We arrived at 7:15 pm jan 5 and 3 waiters passed us 10 times until we literally had to scream or service. After the geniuses who work here figured out..."
- "My package was shipped from New York and it said the expected delivery date was on a Thursday and it shipped out Monday. I live in Florida so expected it..."
- "I placed an order from HobbyKing on March 16, 2015. I received two items which were incorrect. I informed HobbyKing and they refused to acknowledge that they put..."
- "Yesterday, I dropped my mother at the DFW Airport to take a flight on Etihad. From what I see, I find Etihad to be the most deceitful airline company ever...."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."
- "I love I love kickboxing hence the name :) it's like burning massive calories at a party, cause the music is pumping and you just have fun whilst working out...."