Featured
Zienna P

| map-marker Shreveport, Louisiana

Rented a vehicle on Jan 7 for pickup on Feb 8 in Shreveport, la foe a 2 hr drive into Texas and ENTERPRISE canceled the reservation. I was never I formed/ notified NOTHING

Enterprise Rent A Car - Rented a vehicle on Jan 7 for pickup on Feb 8 in Shreveport, la foe a 2...
Explore video interviews
Advertisements
Updated by user Mar 10, 2023

Silence from Enterprise, no apology or anything on their end.

Original review Feb 08, 2023
I rented a midsize suv online on the 7 of January to be picked up at Shreveport,la on the 8th of Feb. Got into the airport and found out someone one their end canceled the reservation without my permission and I had no knowledge of the cancellation and to top it off Enterprise and ALL other car rentals are sold out.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Questionable

Enterprise C Ufe

Thank you for your review, Zienna. If you can provide a few more details, we would be able to investigate this further for you.

Please email care(AT)enterprise(DOT)com with your contact information, rental information and all the details above. Sincerely – Chad

Enterprise C Ufe

Hello Zienna. We are disappointed to hear our rental branch was unable to assist with your rental needs.

We would like to get all this information into the hands of upper management for further assistance. Please send us a detailed email to Care[At]Enterprise[Dot]com include the exact rental location, your full name, contact telephone number, your email address, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.

Kind regards. - Chad

Enterprise C Ufe

Thank you for your review,Zienna. Please be assured it is never our intent to inconvenience our customers and we strive to provide the best possible services.

I'd like to pass your information along to someone who can best address your concern. Please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information, rental information and all the details above.

Thank you. – Chad

View more comments (2)
map-marker Reseda, California

No professionals to handle situations to be Resolve in a professional, respectable manner

Hello thanks for getting back but no its been several days and no one has responded yet contacted customer service about my claim, and 3 people stated they sent my Claim to the escalating team But still havent heard nothing yet. All I want is a response so we can deal with this as professional business people Im a valuable customer I give respect, and I deserve the same in return. I dont understand why things just cant be resolved and they professional, respectable manner especially when youre a valuable Consistent respectable customer

User's recommendation: Need to be able to contact headquarters or need a supervisor or a superior over customer service. They need management supervision someone else to contact when you needs are not being met properly or accordingly.

Lisa N Vin

| map-marker Three Chopt, Virginia

WORST SERVICE EVER

This is the letter to the Corporate Office and the timeline of events -

I am very disappointed in the service at this location, and I am appalled at the treatment I was subjected to by Dalton, the manager of the location. He was rude, aloof and clearly has no respect for the clientele they serve.

I can honestly say that I have never experienced more rude or abusive customer service in my life.

I have tried diligently to resolve the issue I have with this rental office, in more than one way. This includes reaching out to the manager at the location, trying to contact Joseph Brown, the Area Regional Manager for Richmond, VA, emailing your corporate office and calling your Customer Service Department/Escalations Department for your corporate office, all with no resolution. Not only is there no resolution to my problem, your Corporate Office failed to even reach back out to me, despite numerous requests and numerous assurances from your customer relations department that someone would respond to and return my calls and emails.

I have included a very detailed timeline and description of the problems I experienced and the current dispute that I am filing with my credit card company, in regard to the $570.41 charged to my credit card, without my authorization. I have also included screenshots of the history on my computer showing the efforts I made for weeks to find contact information for your Richmond Area Regional Manager Joseph Brown, efforts made to obtain the Corporate Office information to email you for resolution of this issue and efforts made to obtain the Customer Service phone number to file a grievance, or try to speak with someone in regard to my complaint and the steps I have made to resolve the issue.

In addition, I have included a screenshot of the phone call I made on the latest attempt to have someone from the Corporate Office, or to have your Richmond Area Regional Manager Joseph Brown return my call, in order to discuss the issue.

I spent 20 minutes on the last call with your customer service agent, explaining the issues I experienced, from beginning to end, while being assured I would receive a call back within 3 business days. Needless to say, I never heard from anyone from the Corporate Office or from Joseph Brown, here in Richmond, VA.

I am not including a copy of the final invoice for the rental, because I never received a final copy, nor did I receive the updated copy they told me they would email to me, which I requested on the 11th of February and again on the 18th of February.

1/3/24 - Call @ 2:24 pm

I called Enterprise to tell them the insurance company had authorized a rental and that I wanted a full size vehicle similar to a Camry. They told me they did not have anything in that size, so I told them I wanted a smaller sedan, so that it would not use up my rental coverage so quickly. They told me that they had one reserved for me, so I went straight up there and was there within 30 minutes.

When I arrived they told me they did not have a car, that I would have to rent a truck or an SUV.

I voiced my concerns over using all of my rental coverage, because my car had been totaled, and I had no idea when the claim would be settled, or when I would be able to get another vehicle. Three different men were there in the office, and all of them told me that the insurance companies never allowed people to use the full amount of their rental coverage and they had never seen someone use the full amount. All three of them agreed with this, so I agreed to take the SUV, because they told me the insurance company had only authorized the rental until 1/18/24 anyway.

However, I did question why I was told they had a full sized car there reserved for me, and they told me their inventory changed every thirty minutes, so there were no cars available. Again, I stressed the fact that I was told they had a car there reserved for me, and they simply told me again, their inventory had changed.

1/11/24

I had already called the rental office the day before and spoken with Amari.

I asked for the name and number of the regional manager. I was told his name was Joseph Brown, but they would not give me his contact information. Therefore, I called the 9901 West Broad St. location and requested his contact information.

They also refused to give it to me, or have him contact me.

I called the 1 855 Enterprise Customer Service Elevation Department number to complain about the service and poor treatment I had received at the Glen Allen rental office and was told I could return the vehicle and switch it out for a less expensive vehicle. I explained that I had called several times, and they were rude and not helpful at all. They had also lied to me about my original reservation.

1/11/24

I called my insurance agent in regard to the rental coverage, because I still didnt have an offer on the payout for my car and knew I needed the rental as long as possible. She advised that if I got a cheaper vehicle, it would extend the time on my rental coverage.

I switched out my rental car after calling Enterprise, because I spoke with my insurance agent about the total remaining on my rental coverage.

I called Enterprise and told them I wanted a less expensive vehicle. I actually spoke to Dalton, the manager, and again expressed to him that I had originally asked for a car, not an SUV or truck and advised him that my insurance agent told me to request an adjustment on the cost of the vehicle they gave me to being with, because it was an error on their end, not mine. He refused to make an adjustment, but said he would switch the vehicle for a car, which would be less expensive. I told him I needed something I could install a car seat in, because I had my 4 month old granddaughter.

I had told him this before, with the original rental, when I explained I did not want a truck.

When I arrived at the rental office to exchange the vehicle, he told me the only thing he had available was a Dodge Challenger. I was so upset, I took that one, simply to get out of there, even though it was only 2 doors and was a sports car. It was not easily compatible with installing a car seat.

When I returned the original vehicle, I was not given a copy of the contract. They simply had me sign something on their ipad.

1/12/2024

I called the Enterprise Corporate Office and spoke to the escalations department in regard to the issues I had experienced with the Glen Allen rental office.

I spent about 10 minutes on the phone explaining all of the problems, and the agent told me they were going to have the Regional Manager from Richmond, VA to call me. I never heard from them.

1/15/24 Call from Amari @ 10:19am

I missed a call from Amari saying my rental car was due back on the 18th. When I returned the SUV on the 11th, in exchange for the car, I was told by my insurance agent it would extend the rental coverage until the 21st, because it was a less expensive vehicle.

I called the rental office and spoke to Amari and told her I had exchanged the original vehicle for a less expensive one, and the rental should have been extended. When she checked into this, while I was on the phone, she told me that Dalton, the manager, had not adjusted the original rate to the less expensive rate for the car.

She then adjusted the rate in the system, and she confirmed it would extend the rental coverage until the 21st.

1/18/2024

I called the rental office to ensure there were no issues with the extension on the vehicle coverage through my insurance, since I had already had so many issues. I spoke with a young man who told me it was due today - the 18th. I explained to him all of the issues I was having with the extension, and he said it was not their issue, and the insurance company was the one who needed to adjust the date in their system.

I told the young man that I had just spoken with my agent and there was no issue on their end and asked that he call and speak with my agent, and he told me he would do so and call me back. I waited until mid-afternoon and I tried to call the rental office again to make sure it had been taken care of, but no one answered the phone.

I tried again several more times and left a message for them to please call me, but no one ever called me back.

I called my insurance agent and didnt get an answer, so I emailed. My agent emailed me back and let me know they had extended the date to the 25th.

1/19/2024

I called the car rental office to make sure they had gotten the extension from the insurance company, and they assured me they had. I also asked them again, for the 3rd time to ensure I was not incurring any charges personally out of pocket, and I was told - again- that no, I was not paying any additional charges that were not covered by the insurance company.

I emailed the Corporate Office, and I explained the issues I had experienced with their local rental office and asked that someone contact me. I never heard back from them.

1/25/2024

I returned the rental car to the Glen Allen rental office, where I had picked it up.

When I returned the car I spoke with a young black woman, and I asked her to be sure I had not incurred any out of pocket charges, and she again, just like the other two people I spoke with, assured me I had not, so I signed the return slip and left. I was not given any paperwork at all at this time, just like I was not given a copy of the contract previously when I returned the original rental vehicle.

1/30/2024

I received my credit card statement, which showed a charge from Enterprise Rental in the amount of $570.41. I called the Enterprise rental office and spoke with an agent. I explained to her that I had asked several different times, with 3 different agents to make sure I was not incurring any out of pocket costs and had been assured by each of them that I had not.

I wanted to know why I had been charged on my personal credit card, in the amount of $570.41. Dalton, the manager, then took the phone and told me I was responsible for the charges and was incredibly rude to me. I tried to explain that I had been told over and over I was not incurring any out of pocket charges, but he would not listen, so I ended the call. I then called Capital One and filed my dispute.

1/30/2024

I once again emailed the Enterprise Corporate Office asking someone to contact me, but no one ever did.

2/2/2024

I called the Enterprise Corporate Office again and spoke to their Customer Relations Department.

I was on the phone with them for exactly 20 minutes explaining the issues I experienced during the entire rental period. The agent I spoke with promised me that someone would be in contact with me within 3 business days, and as of 2/26/2024 I still have not been contacted by anyone.

I called the Corporate Office of Enterprise 3 different times, and I also emailed them more than once, with absolutely no resolve.

They refuse to contact me, either from the Regional Office or the Corporate Office to help resolve the problem I am experiencing with them. In addition, they refused on 3 different occasions to provide me with the contact information for Joseph Brown, the Regional Manager for Richmond, VA.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Inconsiderate
  • Refuse to help resolve issues

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Never rent from them

Enterprise C Ufe

We would like to know more about your experience. Please email the details to review (@) em (.) com and include the rental location, rental agreement or reservation number and your contact information.

Guest

Once you filed the dispute on 1/30, Enterprise is never going to contact. I’m surprised you did not hear from your credit card about the dispute.

Alice P Hsc

I want my refund

Enterprise Rent A Car - I want my refund
Enterprise Rent A Car - I want my refund - Image 2
Enterprise Rent A Car - I want my refund - Image 3
Enterprise Rent A Car - I want my refund - Image 4
My car was stolen and Geico told us to go to Enterprise Rent-A-Car that they would cover 20 days free for us to get a vehicle unlimited mileage but Enterprise charge my husband almost $1,000 in fees from his credit card and I went to the company on Huntington in duarte California and I asked for the manager and he was very rude to me very snotty didn't know how to answer my questions and told me to read the paper just read read the instructions he was an idiot

User's recommendation: Don't use Enterprise

Tina Q Hhg

| map-marker Saint Cloud, Florida

Once great company puts you in dangerous vehicles

Enterprise Rent A Car - Once great company puts you in dangerous vehicles

Have a disability. Needed a specific vehicle with lumbar support and heat in the seat after my suv was almost totaled by a person running a red light.

I was placed in an suv with 60k miles on it and told it was was safe to drive.

Six weeks later with my suv still in a shop with no end in sight, I need to drive three states away to see my team of Doctors. Enterprise still said the vehicle was safe to drive even though I asked about swapping the suv out before I left town.

Half way through my trip, in the dark and rain the master solenoid is going out on this vehicle with the check engine light that also indicates it needed an oil change. I can get no help from the Enterprise roadside assistance as I pass various locations I see on my GPS. I am told to go 4 hours the opposite direction to an airport location I am not allowed to call.

I ask about the airport location 1 1/2 hours from where I am and can't call there either.

I am forced to white knuckle it to my main home by my doctors and then drive to my appointments in this vehicle because no Enterprise near my home in a major metropolitan area has any replacement vehicles. I am told to go to an airport in the area, again I cannot call.

I get to this airport and they have no vehicles to accommodate my disability and service dog and I wait about 25 minutes and an area manager brings me a fancy Italian suv sport car. Since I could pump up the lumbar and have heat in the seat to support my back an hips and I accept with thanks. 30 miles into driving this vehicle while waiting for my next doctor's appointment, the check engine light comes on.

Vehicle has 15k miles. Once again, no help from Enterprise on where to take this vehicle for service. I took it to the fancy foreign car dealership and spent almost $600 getting this vehicle serviced which included an oil gasket. Enterprise was text messaged the receipt as requested and I was never reimbursed.

I get three states back to my 2nd home and am in this vehicle another month when a flat tire occurs while idling in rush hour traffic at a light in a construction zone near my home.

I coast home on the stay flat tires. I get out and see the flat tire is blown out from the side wall and a valve stem cover is missing. I call Enterprise for help. Roadside assistance tells me I don't have a rental car in their system???

What??? I call the local location and am told everyone was fired and that the person I am talking to is a new assistant manager. He says he has to get approval from an area manager to replace the tire. I beg for him to send someone to put the donut on so the vehicle is not sitting on its rim.

No help. I ask if I can use my AAA to get the donut put on and am told I am not allowed. I can no longer change a tire due to my disability.

The vehicle sits in my driveway for 7 days on a flat tire while the local store assistant manager says area manager won't approve anything. He wanted to put me in another vehicle I was not familiar with and with no assurance it had a seat to support my disability.

I asked to speak to area manager about getting the tire replaced on the vehicle I already had or I offered to use my Discount Tires account to replace the tire and get reimbursed.

This area manager calls me, refuses to give her name. I have never spoken to her before. She declares she has known about me and is now putting me on the black "do not rent" list because I paid to take care of this vehicle and was begging for help with the tire. She then had someone come to my house and drive this vehicle up a ramp on the rim onto a tow truck.

No donut was ever put on.

I have begged Enterprise corporate to call me with no contact. Hertz meanwhile, took care of me and put me in a safe, comfortable new suv vehicle. I have my own suv back after 5 months in the shop. Enterprise flushed my 34 year Plus membership with them down the toilet and put me in unsafe vehicles.

I can never recommend them ever again. They should be broken up.The area manager should be fired as her only concern was getting this fancy Italian sport suv back so she could get the quote "$126.00 a day rental" price.

She was not happy getting $40 a day from my insurance.

I was the victim of a red light runner and further victimized by Enterprise. I appreciate all the PTSD I have from this now.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Rentals are old and dangerous

Preferred solution: An apology and my name off of the do not rent list. I have saved my communication so I have proof I have never been disrespectful ever nor have I ever damaged a vehicle in the 34 years I have been an Enterprise Plus member.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Enterprise

Enterprise C Ufe

Hi Tina, we would like to know more about your experience. Please email the details to review (@) em (.) com and include the rental location, rental agreement or reservation number and your contact information.

Guest
reply icon Replying to comment of Enterprise C Ufe

You were given this information via your escalation department with no call back from corporate. My insurance also tried to call your corporate with no help.

That one local area manager in one state can block me from renting again because this person is keeping unmaintained, old vehicles in the fleet and somehow I am the problem when I have never uttered an untoward word towards anyone, is unacceptable.

Violating the Americans with Disability Act by making me feel like a horrible person for needing to be accommodated is also unacceptable. At least Hertz took care of me with kindness and compassion.

Resolved
Amanda F Vrc

| map-marker Lakewood Township, New Jersey

Resolved: Unethical, over charged.

Enterprise Rent A Car - Unethical, over charged.
Updated by user Mar 06, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Hello everyone,I am happy to tell you that the area manager contacted me, adjusted the amounts I was charged for, also apologized for the member of the staff who was extremely rude, and will make sure the office that person is at now will have a discussion of consumer interaction.Janelle was very quick and helpful with a solution for me. I am very happy for the result!

Updated by user Jan 28, 2024

I have not been contacted by anyone from this company. I sent my review to them as well as to the Attorney General.

Original review Jan 12, 2024
My rental agreement was put through my Insurance company to cover $40.00 dollars a day. When I went to rent a vehicle I was looked at as if I was crazy and told there wasn't any way I could rent a vehicle for that amount and was told I would have to pay more then I was covered for.

I believed them. I was able to choose one of two vehicles and on top of that I was advised that it would be a great benefit for me to add additional insurance when I already have insurance. The young woman was very convincing and I agreed. I had the vehicle for two weeks and I kept in touch with them to make sure I wouldn't go over the allotted amount to wind up owing money.

I was assured, I was fine and I was told the amounts and when.
Before returning the vehicle to the location I had rented it from I was made aware that I couldn't drop it off after hours there. I called the closest other location to see if I could bring it there which that office explained that the office I was dealing with did have overnight drop off! I would have returned it sooner because of the holidays.
When I spoke to my insurance adjuster she advised me that I absolutely could have gotten a vehicle that was covered for the $40.00 a day and if they didn't have one that day, when they did get one they were to let me know, which was never explained to me from Enterprise. I was also told by my adjuster that I did not need additional Insurance because I was fully covered.

I was also able to have the car for 30 days! Progressive has a contract in place with them! My insurance adjuster also added that sales people are very good at what they do.
My adjuster also advised me to contact them, which I did. I was immediately returned with defensive explanations, then I was told their manager would call me right back.

The manager did call me back, and it was the man that had rented me the vehicle whom had told me, in a way which made me feel like how could I ever think such a thing, that I wouldnt ever be able get in any rental for the amount I was allotted from my insurance company.
I explained the issue, and I was rudely interrupted once too many times with excuses as well as lies.
He kept defending himself saying, well we knew you were comfortable with the vehicle so we never brought it up He kept reiterating that he even called me to see if I was enjoying the vehicle! That was a bold face lie!
After having this back and forth rhetoric conversation, I was so fed up that I said I would take this up with someone above him in corporate.
I had called a few times thinking I had the corporate number when in fact it was customer service who gave me one option which was for me to explain what happened, and they would escalate my situation.
When that didn't come to fruition I then looked up the headquarters phone number which I found is in St. Louis, Mo. and again I was met with customer service telling me THEY would escalate it.
No one had returned my call.

I called headquarters again today and of course, customer service responded once again, although this time I was met with a very kind woman Teresa who took down all the information, explaining how they aren't able to see the prior notes of other representatives! She then gave me a phone number I did not have, 314-587-****.
I thought to myself, finally I will get somewhere, well I was wrong. If you call that number you will see it is no longer a working number. I went back to the drawing board and found out who the CEO is of Enterprise, Chrissy Taylor.

The number for her is 314-512-****, extension 2070. I called and there was no option to be transferred to an extension, so once again I had to press 3 for customer service which I asked to please transfer me to that extension. Not to my surprise I was told they do not have the ability to transfer calls.
Now I am exhausted, but I'm not giving up.

If anyone can give me advice or help me in any way it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Loss:
Pros:
  • I have never had an issue when booking for trips at airports
Cons:
  • Taken advantage of
  • Experience i just went through with a local office
  • Lied to

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Have all of your facts before hand so you are not taken advantage of.

Enterprise C Ufe

We would like to look into this further but need some more information. Please email review (at) em (dot) com with your contact information, your reservation or rental agreement number and all the details of your experience.

Thanks. –Chris R.

Amanda F Vrc
reply icon Replying to comment of Enterprise C Ufe

Please give me the email once again? Thank you.

Sonsiray N

Car rental I didn’t reserve

Enterprise Rent A Car - Car rental I didn’t reserve
Enterprise Rent A Car - Car rental I didn’t reserve - Image 2

On Thursday I got a text saying my rental conformation had to set and I can pick up rental, I didnt call or go online to set up for a rental. I call Enterprise and ask them who picking up a rental that I did not rent, he checks and says he doesnt see e rental with my name on it and not to worry someone mustve enter my phone number by a mistake and assured me it was fine, today I get a text from Enterprise needing confirmation when Im to drops the car off, I call again and he says the same thing I think I couldnt understand what he was saying, however Im not satisfied, I feel like that let or someone used my information to rent a car and they know about it, if anything happens to whoever thats driving the rental with my information yall gonna be in a world of trouble

Preferred solution: To be assured that there is no rental on the road I did not rent, at this time I’m not sure , both times I called I was put on hold with them both chuckling then come back to tell me that somebody used to use my phone number by mistake.

User's recommendation: Make sure you document every time you call and who you talked to

Thanks. –Chris R.

Rosalyn C Thr

| map-marker Gainesville, Florida

Deposit never received

Enterprise Rent A Car - Deposit never received

I have been receiving the run around from the branch on Nebraska Ave regarding my deposit that I never received. Nobody seems to know whats going on.,the branch manager or their accounting dept.

They said they issued it back to my card that has been closed since 11/23. Originally I was told I was going to get a check when I returned my vehicle. I called the number pissed consumer provided and spoke to a rep that confirmed the check was mailed (which I never received) and then she transferred me to the Credit Dept and then I was transferred to Field Support who then transferred me to customer service # 855-266-****. The rep there said she would escalate back to the branch that I am having issues with and that irritates me.

She sees a refund issued on 12/8 but doesnt know if it was via card or check. This is ridiculous. I just want my money and I dont understand why these departments arent on the same page. Again I just want my $300 back.

Also when you call the branch on Nebraska they never answer the phone or keep you on hold forever. Terrible customer service and they lie about whos the branch manager. When I finally talked to the branch manager she says no I am the branch manager.

Which means her employees lie. They cannot be trusted.

User's recommendation: Do not rent from Enterprise in Nebraska Ave in Tampa

Nell Jpg

| map-marker Columbus, Ohio

Wanted everyone to know about my experience

I made the mistake of renting a car at this location: Address: 1776 N 21st St, Newark, OH 43055 Address: 1776 N 21st St, Newark, OH 43055.

They gave me a mustang even though I had wanted a midsized SUV. The attendant said if I did not like the mustang, I could return any time and get another vehicle of my choice.

The car was filthy dirty (inside and out). They did not show me how to work the controls, windshield wipers and the like. It was just way too small and quite frankly didn't drive that well. Took the car on Friday (3-15-24) around lunch time.

Returned Saturday (one day later) and the alleged female manager said I can not change out car till Monday or later on this week. Claimed she did not have any cars to trade.

There were many cars in the lot. Manager (with her attitude) I can not believe she is a manager. No customer service skills or since of urgency.

They tried to upsell all of the useless unneeded insurance and add-on's. I refused all of them. Asked to have a District or Regional manger call me or could I talk to someone else. Nope.

Can not do according to the "want to be" manager. Claimed would have someone call me on 3-18-24.

Later leared (3-26-24) they charged me 50.00 something dollars for the (pre-pay) fuel. I returned the car with a full tank of gas. Someone called 3-26-24 to say the received the car back, all was good.

Agent wanted to know if I had a good experience. I feel sorry for this guy cause I unloaded on him. He was polite but really did not provide any real assistance.

Please stay far-far away from this 21st street Newark, Ohio Location. Employees, unkept, rude, less than helpful.

Make sure to make sure they do not Forge the paperwork and sell you these useless add-on's. They get commission on them, even if they lie and or cheat or "honest mistake"!

My wife was in an accident is why we had the rental car.

It was her birthday and our 35 wedding anniversary! Thank you Newark, Ohio Enterprise for running my wife's birthday and our anniversary.

Tracy J Dxi

Verified Reviewer

I haven’t been able to speak with the proper member of management.

Very furious by the actions of how Enterprise went about taking a vehicle I had purchased. No phone call, no questions, just treated like a thief.

I done everything right on my end and resulted in enterprise taking a car without notice, not even reaching out to investigate the circumstances. Very unprofessional and cant talk to anyone because no one can seem to get who I need to talk to. This happens to be the Charleston international airport enterprise that done this. Instead of being profession they rather mess with an innocent persons life.

Ok I bought a car in September. May I add this vehicle had major problems, I knew that. Windshield busted out completely, had been rained in for a couple of years the man said, it had more problems than he could fix but with knowledge of cars I placed it on a computer and knew I could fix it. Needed a gas pedal sensor, speedometer cluster, dash pad, ecm and a quarter glass and battery.

Not to mention the seats were covered in mold. My insurance company ran the vin in September. Did not com back stolen. I began working on the car and in no big rush because I had much work to do.

In dec I was finally getting the car ready enough to put in on the road. Go to the DMV with the title from a car dealer to transfer my tags. The bill of sale has the mans name I bought the car from on it and I realized that the title was a dealership therefore my bill of sale had to be from the dealership. DMV gave me 45day tags til I got bill of sale.

At this time still nothing about it being stolen. In the beginning the man at the dealership had to clear something up with enterprise and afterwards was given a title in his dealer name. I take the bill of sale to sc DMV , they talk to DMV in Oklahoma 2 days and tell me to get a vin verification form within the next few days. The next morning I had an appointment and was planning to get the verification afterwards.

2 police showed up at my home be cause enterprise Charleston international airport set them to take the car because it was stolen in 2018. No talking to me to see what exactly happened or anything at all other than making sure to leave me without transportation. Meaning no way to work, or any of my appointments, not so much to even see who I purchased it from. Terrible enough I bought a stolen car and out of my money.

Now not having a way to work or anything. Yes I had a car and sold it once I got a 45 day tag. The car lot I got the car from got the title by filing a form 47. I pray to God above that the unprofessional person calling shots to destroy my life in turned is face with some of the same of life altering events.

This could have been handled differently. The cop knew how unprofessional it was handled. She said I know you have put a lot in this car and this could have been handled differently. She said if she was me she would take everything out I put in.

So I did. Luckily I didnt install the quarter glass or the speedometer. Couldnt take the windshield out nor the tank of gas. They didnt even want to know who actually sold the stolen vehicle stole in 2018 that I had absolutely no knowledge of.

I would so love for the proper person contact me from enterprise. 843-439-**** or email tracy_jones78@***.com

Preferred solution: A personal apology for not contacting me in a professional manner instead of having me treated like a thief and allowing the one that stole the car on 2018 get away with it. An apology won’t fix me losing a job and car

User's recommendation: Whoever handled the situation obviously don’t need the position given because the manner it was handled. This shouldn’t make others suffer

Enterprise C Ufe

We would like to know more about your experience. Please email the details to review (@) em (.) com and include the location and your contact information.

Darcy W Fjf

Customer complaint/ unresolved issue

They didn't have the model I reserved. They put me in a truck that wouldn't shift, which I immediately returned and they said they'd try to get a vehicle for me by the end of the day.

When I called at 1 pm he said they weren't going to take a vehicle away from someone else so that I could get the one I reserved the prior Friday, and was due to receive at 8 a.m. He said they figured out the issue with the truck they put me in and that it had been in manual somehow, and that I must have done that in the 30 seconds I drove it. When I disagreed about not being put at the bottom of the list to get a car, he said he didn't think my reservation was going to work out, knowing I had to miss work already, and now for another 2 days. I was not rude, nor did I swear or curse at him.

I told him he was being unprofessional but he just said it wasn't going to work out. I called the Corporate money and was told he would have the area supervisor contact me, but it's been almost 2 hours and no one has called back, and they close at 6 pm.

They've cost me a ton of money due to their unprofessionalism. Jake at the Battle Creek, Michigan location is awful and quite obviously not meant for Customer Service if he can't be bothered to explain competently how me getting the car I reserved would have been taking a car from someone else.

Loss:

Preferred solution: Reimbursed for missed wages and an apology.

User's recommendation: Avoid at all cost!

Janet B Zml

Rude and stupid

After making a reservation and being told to stay on the line for confirmation (which took 45) I was told that it would take 20 minutes to get to me and that was too far.i was also told there were no cars. Lousy way to run a business.
Cons:
  • Not able to provide service

Preferred solution: Better servicenone

Shanice W Dkj

| map-marker Hyattsville, Maryland

False Damage Charges/ Incorrect Reservation Ticket

I would like to file a complaint rental location 6345 Livingston Road, Oxon Hill Maryland. I have been waiting for a returned called since last Friday, which was 3/15/24.

Furthermore, II have called Customer Services about the issue and still no manager has called me, but they have sent damage control a form for some false damages and I have a police report and a recorded message from one of their employee on my phone and I email a copy of the reservation and MT shook her head, when I asked her did they get an email from me then she walked away which was very unprofessional.

They got upset with me because I asked to speak to the manager on Saturday when I went up there to get my new rental agreement that I now have with All State, which they did not give to me as I was told that I had to wait until next week when they resolved the issue about the wrong tickets they lied to me and said it's something wrong with the computer system but this morning I get an email from damage control. I am going to contact my insurance about the false charges.

User's recommendation: Rent from Another Location

Jonathan M Hfj
map-marker Riverhead, New York

I was Racially discriminated against

Enterprise Rent A Car - I was Racially discriminated against
Im a traveling nurse for the past 23 years. Ive been using enterprise for at least 12 Of those years. Until I recently rented from Enterprise of Riverhead ! They called me every single day, waking me after a 12 hour shift asking me when was I returning their car. I said you still have my money. Then I kept it for another week, they reported me for on unauthorized use of vehicle I returned the car this past Friday. And got a letter today About being arrested!!!
Pros:
  • Enterprise of riverhead should be closed
Cons:
  • Are racist towards black people

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: If you’re black do not rent from enterprise of Riverhead

Enterprise C Ufe

Thank you for this feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please email review (AT) em (DOT) com with your contact information, rental agreement number and the details so we can learn more.

Thank you. -Chris R.

Earl T Det

Verified Reviewer

I went to rent a car and they told me I'm on the non-rental list

I got an accident and they totaled my car and my insurance people have rented a car and they told me they took care of everything so I didnt knew anything about that. I couldnt rent a car.

Preferred solution: I would like if they take me off of the not rental list

Jameice R

Still haven't received car

Called n called still without a car n call back .!!! Called company, called corporation called everyone

Preferred solution: A car

jose b Chb

Feed back on my rental

Enterprise Rent A Car - Feed back on my rental
Enterprise Rent A Car - Feed back on my rental - Image 2
I just want to let u know it was great the costumer service that enterprise in foley alabama is awesome

User's recommendation: Keep up the good work

Enterprise C Ufe

Hi Jose, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience. We hope to see you again soon! – Chad

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article