A few days after Christmas was my first time renting a car with Enterprise, and will be my LAST AND ONLY! I rented a Chevy Malibu 2012, we went around the car, when I saw another person returning a Volkswagen Passat and asked if I could wait for that one to be cleaned, when the employee told me no because it had a hole in the bumper. I should have known right there and then that he had no idea about ANYTHING because the hole in the passat was part of the car where you hook it up to tow it!
So, I kept the Chevy. I took a trip from Dallas to New Orleans, the car was parked in our Hotels Valet the entire time of our 3 day trip. Upon return of the car, the same employee who checked us out, checked our car back in, and immediately went to the front bumper to look under the hood, and said there were scratches. Needless to say, he never looked under there nor did I when I rented the car!
I thought this was just absurd, and got very upset. He told me that it probably wasn't going to be anything but in case he would contact me with further instructions. A week went by and I got a letter in the mail saying that i needed to file a claim with my insurance because I damaged the rental! I immediately called the number on the paper, and asked for more information, when they said that they didn't have a bill ready for me because it was being worked on. But they already knew it was going to be more than $700!! I was appalled that they would go ahead and FIX whatever fake damage it was without even notifying me that they were doing so! I asked for the bill to be sent to me when they had it.
So Friday I received a bill of over $800!! A picture was attached to the estimate and it was a scratch UNDER the car, a scratch that happens when you pull up too far when your parking by a curb or when you go up a steep driveway!! I couldn't believe my eyes that I was being charged for something that WAS there before.
So today I called them back and was transferred to my claims adjuster who lives in another state, and to only reach her voice mail. I left a message and never got a phone call returned. How someone who lives in another state could adjust the car or its damage is unbelievable to me. They also included a $100 administrative fee and loss of use in their invoice to me! I am beyond pissed!
I am in the process of talking to the local news channel as well as the Dallas Morning News! This company consists of scam artists and I will not be part of this!!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Enterprise Car Rental
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My friend rented a car through RelayRides in El Segundo Ca. On 5/27/15 I borrowed the car to take things to my storage and picked up a passengenger who was..."
- "Well... I was on my way to becoming a frequent Enterprise rent-a-car (and truck) customer....until this morning that is. Last week I was in TX (Abliene, TX) and had a great..."
- "I booked a car for 40 hours. Opel Corsa, with 155000 km. I picked it up at 23:00 on a dark parking. The car has a million of scratches and..."
- "Sally Hansen eye lash curler I bought this curler on Friday (10/17) and it was the first and last time I used it. It cut my eye lashes off!!! Very..."
- "I purchased a sofa in April of 2015. It is placed in a secondary living room that gets little to no use. I noticed in July of 2016..."
- "After initiating a claim with PayPal, my order was shipped. My dress finally arrived, but was not what I ordered. Not only was it the wrong size, it was..."
- "Went to the mac store in the westfield at Stratford. When i got to the till the lady that served me was so rude loads of attiude and couldnt be..."
- "I have recently purchased 128GB "FASTER" brand memory cards, 8 in total, over 4 separate orders @ a cost of $17.99 ea. The problem is that ALL of these memory..."
- "I'm a 64 year old male, fit and healthy, with no history of allergies. I purchased a standard size Mypillow and received it mid October, 2016. It worked as advertised..."