A few days after Christmas was my first time renting a car with Enterprise, and will be my LAST AND ONLY! I rented a Chevy Malibu 2012, we went around the car, when I saw another person returning a Volkswagen Passat and asked if I could wait for that one to be cleaned, when the employee told me no because it had a hole in the bumper. I should have known right there and then that he had no idea about ANYTHING because the hole in the passat was part of the car where you hook it up to tow it!
So, I kept the Chevy. I took a trip from Dallas to New Orleans, the car was parked in our Hotels Valet the entire time of our 3 day trip. Upon return of the car, the same employee who checked us out, checked our car back in, and immediately went to the front bumper to look under the hood, and said there were scratches. Needless to say, he never looked under there nor did I when I rented the car!
I thought this was just absurd, and got very upset. He told me that it probably wasn't going to be anything but in case he would contact me with further instructions. A week went by and I got a letter in the mail saying that i needed to file a claim with my insurance because I damaged the rental! I immediately called the number on the paper, and asked for more information, when they said that they didn't have a bill ready for me because it was being worked on. But they already knew it was going to be more than $700!! I was appalled that they would go ahead and FIX whatever fake damage it was without even notifying me that they were doing so! I asked for the bill to be sent to me when they had it.
So Friday I received a bill of over $800!! A picture was attached to the estimate and it was a scratch UNDER the car, a scratch that happens when you pull up too far when your parking by a curb or when you go up a steep driveway!! I couldn't believe my eyes that I was being charged for something that WAS there before.
So today I called them back and was transferred to my claims adjuster who lives in another state, and to only reach her voice mail. I left a message and never got a phone call returned. How someone who lives in another state could adjust the car or its damage is unbelievable to me. They also included a $100 administrative fee and loss of use in their invoice to me! I am beyond pissed!
I am in the process of talking to the local news channel as well as the Dallas Morning News! This company consists of scam artists and I will not be part of this!!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Enterprise Car Rental
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The car being hired was given to us in the dark and wet, when we returned it the person checked it and said the drivers door was damaged, there was..."
- "Filthy, ants, roaches and the smell was horrible. We had to purchase cleaning products to wash every inch of the interior. Please to not rent from this company in Tampa.io;j.˚˜b..."
- "I have never in my life dealt with such an UNPROFESSIONAL company that had NO REGARD for the Safety of their Customers. I rented a Cruise America Truck for 21..."
- "NOW OUT OF BUSINESS AND HAS FILED BANKRUPTCY TO GET OUT OF ANY PAYMENTS OR STUFF HE STOLE FROM CUSTOMER VEHICLES. THIS MAN IS A SCAM ARTIST, A CHEAT AND..."
- " Frank's Auto Credit is a Family Owned and Operated, Independent Buy-Here Pay-Here Dealer that was established in 1995 by Frank M. Lynch. For nearly 20 Years Frank's Auto Credit..."
- "I was told the firat 5 times regardless of weight i would recieve $50 but after 5 hours of being there stuck 3 times and then very bruised afterwards i..."
- "I purchased a sofa in April of 2015. It is placed in a secondary living room that gets little to no use. I noticed in July of 2016..."
- "This company is a complete scam!!! Dont order from here save yourself from this comp. I payed xtra for fast shipping which was an option so i wanted to be..."
- "...We paid $3,000 for an extended warranty so we wouldn't have to deal with any repairs. WELL, neither Keystone or Holiday World of Dallas will come to the RV park..."