Enterprise Rent A Car - SCAM!!!

916 of 1270 Enterprise Rent A Car reviews

A few days after Christmas was my first time renting a car with Enterprise, and will be my LAST AND ONLY! I rented a Chevy Malibu 2012, we went around the car, when I saw another person returning a Volkswagen Passat and asked if I could wait for that one to be cleaned, when the employee told me no because it had a hole in the bumper. I should have known right there and then that he had no idea about ANYTHING because the hole in the passat was part of the car where you hook it up to tow it!

So, I kept the Chevy. I took a trip from Dallas to New Orleans, the car was parked in our Hotels Valet the entire time of our 3 day trip. Upon return of the car, the same employee who checked us out, checked our car back in, and immediately went to the front bumper to look under the hood, and said there were scratches. Needless to say, he never looked under there nor did I when I rented the car!

I thought this was just absurd, and got very upset. He told me that it probably wasn't going to be anything but in case he would contact me with further instructions. A week went by and I got a letter in the mail saying that i needed to file a claim with my insurance because I damaged the rental! I immediately called the number on the paper, and asked for more information, when they said that they didn't have a bill ready for me because it was being worked on. But they already knew it was going to be more than $700!! I was appalled that they would go ahead and FIX whatever fake damage it was without even notifying me that they were doing so! I asked for the bill to be sent to me when they had it.

So Friday I received a bill of over $800!! A picture was attached to the estimate and it was a scratch UNDER the car, a scratch that happens when you pull up too far when your parking by a curb or when you go up a steep driveway!! I couldn't believe my eyes that I was being charged for something that WAS there before.

So today I called them back and was transferred to my claims adjuster who lives in another state, and to only reach her voice mail. I left a message and never got a phone call returned. How someone who lives in another state could adjust the car or its damage is unbelievable to me. They also included a $100 administrative fee and loss of use in their invoice to me! I am beyond pissed!

I am in the process of talking to the local news channel as well as the Dallas Morning News! This company consists of scam artists and I will not be part of this!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
916 of 1270 Enterprise Rent A Car reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 01 #1248699 Arvada, Colorado, United States

I had almost the same experience. Fortunately The check in lady noted no damage, and I took pictures. Nonetheless several weeks later I received a call from the claim department alleging I owed them about 600.00. Apparently they farm this scam out to a third party. I have not rented from them again.

Bec

Jan 05, 2014 #768858 Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States

Very Interesting post. I am into day four of a rental from Enterprise after an interstate freeway accident on snow and ice. I rented from an Enterprise in AnnArbor MI. when I pointed out the scratches on the spoiler, the agent said, oh, those kinds of damages don't count, so we don't note them. Hmmm, after reading this, now I'm left to wonder. Also, I picked up the car on a very snowy day, and about two hours after driving, I noticed a crack in the windshield. I probably would not have seen it during the walk around inspection, or it could have happened because of a tossed rock. based on these complaints, I think I'll proactively get it fixed before I return the car. Also, I am now curious as to how the empty gas tank will be handled. It was empty when I picked up the car. The agent told me to return it empty. I guess we will see how that goes. Also the car had not been cleaned and the interior was dirty. Again, will I get charged for the dirty seats? Though I pointed it out to the rental agent, he said not to worry about it. Makes me think that pictures and recording the conversation on my cell phone will become things I do when renting cars in the future.

Enterprise Cares

Jan 22, 2013 #596878

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email Care[at]Enterprise.com with your contact information, rental agreement number, and any other details.

When emailing, please list reference # 130122-000967 in the subject line.

Gillian T.
Social Monitor Coordinator

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Enterprise Rent A Car. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Enterprise Rent A Car.
Filing a new complaint about
×