After dropping off my youngest child at Lincoln University on Friday, August 18th, the 2018 Equinox rental car that may husband and I rented from Enterprise OVERHEATED. (see picture below).

At 5:30 p.m. (according to my phone record), I called Enterprise roadside assistance. According to the representative, we discovered that we were 9 miles from another rental facility. She stated that they were closing at 6, but she would try to reach them.

She came back on the line and told me that the local office in Oxford would come and get us and switch out the cars so that we could proceed to the airport. I stated from the beginning that our flight was leaving at 9:25 p.m., and we needed to get to the airport. At 5:50 p.m., when the car still had not arrived, I called the local office and the gentleman assured me that someone was on the way. By 6:30 p.m., no one had arrived, and we were getting panicky as it was getting dark, we were on the SIDE of the road with corn fields all around, and we are African American.

I then called roadside assistance again who for whatever reason had to re-issue the order. Needless to say, we MISSED OUR FLIGHT, the next flight that we could have taken would have been on SUNDAY NIGHT (2 days) for $498 per person. When the tow truck arrived at 8:40 p.m., he let us ride back to Enterprise at BWI with him. Due to TRAFFIC on a Friday night and the storms, we arrived back at BWI at 10:30 p.m.

After going back and forth with the lead person (John Davis) at BWI, we were finally given a car to make the 11 hour ride back to Chicago. The CAR and the toll Pass was supposed to be at no charge (NOT TRUE).

We did have to pull over in a Holiday inn on Saturday morning at about 2:30 a.m. to sleep seeing we had been up for over 20 hours and I had to PAY this also.

Review about: Enterprise Rent A Car Car Rental.

Comments

#1482000

As a fellow african american (who travels) & has rented cars (from enterprise that werent 100% let me apologize to you.Me personally I'd have run that thing till it blew up. VS being stuck in a ""Known hostile racist area".

EnterpriseCares

Review #1095264, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences. I assure you that it's never our intention to inconvenience our customers.

We would like to speak with you further. Please email ehiescalationscc@mailca.custhelp.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this situation.

Thank you. – Carol H.