4.0

Update by user Dec 08, 2017

UPDATE: An Enterprise employee named Evan, the one who checked the car in on Monday, called yesterday (Thursday) and is now saying the car was washed after all but that the camera is not in their lost and found. He said they need to speak with the "car prep guy" who would have washed the car when it was turned in on Monday but they have not been able to reach him to see where he might have put my camera.

Again, I would greatly appreciate a response from Enterprise regarding this matter. Thanks in advance.

Original review posted by user Dec 06, 2017

My DSLR camera with three lenses and multiple memory cards was left in the back of an Enterprise rental car two days ago, on Monday, Dec. 4.

I called the location within 30 minutes and they said the car had already been rented out and that they would try to reach the customer. They said that the car was not washed before being rented out and the trunk and other areas was not checked prior to it being rented. I called throughout the day on Monday and they said the customer was still not able to be reached. I continued calling the following day Tuesday, and they said the customer was still not able to be reached but that the car was due to be returned that day.

I called again a little while ago, Wednesday morning and was informed by Shanay (sp?) that the customer called this morning and said that there wasn't anything in the back of the trunk. This is deeply concerning because either the customer removed it or someone at Enterprise removed it.

Please let me know who to speak with about this. Thank you.

Review about: Enterprise Rent A Car Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

EnterpriseCares

Thanks for contacting us about this, dcustomer. Our offices do their very best to locate left behind items and return them to their rightful owner.

You can file a Lost & Found report using the link provided here. http://bit.ly/29HbDJs For our assistance email ehiescalationscc@mailca.custhelp.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, a detailed description of your misplaced item and the details above so we can address this.

Thank you. – Carol H.

You were the one who left your valuable items behind. It's YOUR fault, not the rental company. Take responsibility for your actions and keep better track of your property.

to Anonymous #1401832

While that is true, is Enterprise comfortable with having dishonest employees working for them? I have posted about this incident in a Facebook group that I'm in with more than 100,000 people and there have hundreds of comments from others who have had this happen to them.

Items being left in the vehicles, employees saying they didn't find anything and then after the customer making a fuss or filing a police report the items magically appear.

While I haven't had any issues with Enterprise in the past it's starting to look like they have a real problem with this sort of thing and that's something people should know before renting with them. Again, yes ultimately we're all responsible for our own property, however as consumers we should also have a reasonable expectation that companies like Enterprise would be proactive on their end as well.