Have rented cars from Enterprise in San Diego for 30 years or so, and even purchased a vehicle from them, but never again! I was overcharged for gas, and was forced to pay for damage which didn’t happen.

I checked out the car before I rented it, going around with the Enterprise guy from the Mission Valley office. We didn’t see anything other than small barely viewable light scratches on the trunk and side panels, which neither of us noted on the form. I declined the rental insurance because I am covered by my insurance company and the credit card I used for the rental deposit.

I kept the car for two days, driving about 62 miles and returned it to a different Enterprise office in Pacific Beach near the dealership where my car was being serviced. I got the call that my car was ready around 4PM, and didn’t have time to buy gas to replace what I had used and get to my car dealership before closing time. I used 2 gallons of gas and PB Enterprise charged me $29.99. I know gas is more expensive in California, but this gas cost $15/gallon rather than either the $3.70 price posted on a sign in the rental office, or the $5.90/gallon printed on the copy of the rental agreement. The next day, I went online and found they had charged me $129.99, so I disputed the charge.

The returning agent went over the car extremely carefully. At the right front corner of the car, she leaned over and under to inspect the bottom side front of the bumper where the bumper was contoured, and said she saw some damage. She also said the bumper was misaligned. I looked and saw after much effort, that the area of the bumper where the contouring went inward had a small amount of rippling of the surface. No scratches or dings. There was no exposure of the bare surface of the bumper. I compared the two sides, and it was not possible to see a difference due to the molded contours of the bumper on the bottom.

I was never in an accident, no one hit my car and I never scrapped it against anything. The damage had to have been there when I picked up the car, but since I did not look at the underside of the bumper I did not notice it.

To make a long story short, don’t rent or return cars from Pacific Beach Enterprise because you may be in for a little Sur-prise (and not a good one) if you do. From now on it’s Avis or Hertz or me.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $260. The author is overall dissatisfied with Enterprise Rent A Car. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Enterprise Rent A Car.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Rentals category for more informed decision or compare Enterprise Rent A Car to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Enterprise Rent A Car?

Comments

EnterpriseCares

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.Please send us a detailed email to Care@Enterprise.com with complete details including: Renter’s full name, current phone number, rental agreement (RA) number, “DX” or claim number and reference # 150526-003714.

As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like to look further into this situation for you.

Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you soon.-Tatiana